Eggs are my go-to when it comes to post-workout recovery fuel. They’re fast, healthy and extremely versatile. This speedy scramble is easily assembled in 15 minutes and promotes muscle recovery paired with prolonged satiety!
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBL ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1/4 avocado
- 3 stalks asparagus
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 1/4 bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño
- Handful cilantro
- 1/2 lime squeeze
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Dice onion, asparagus and bell pepper.
2. Place veggies in pan set to medium heat with butter or ghee. Sauté until lightly browned.
3. While veggies are cooking, chop cilantro, avocado and jalapeño and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until smooth.
4. Pour beaten eggs over sauté mix and cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with 1/2 lime, cilantro, jalapeño and fresh salsa.