I know what you’re thinking- chain letters are not your thing. I get it. I thought the same upon nomination. Initially, I wasn’t interested in participating, however I was curious- who was doing the nominating? I quickly discovered Meghan of Thrive Sensibly was laying down some exceptional content. I may have not discovered her and a collection of other like-minded bloggers had she not nominated me. Thank you Meghan for the nomination- I’m flattered and excited to pay it forward ;).
The Liebster award is all about making connections, and connections are the meat and potatoes of networking. If this is your first time hearing about the Liebster feel free to do your homework. Click here for more information.
Here are the rules as I understand them:
1. Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
2. Share 11 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions from the blog that nominated you.
4. Prepare 11 questions for those you’ve nominated
5. Nominate 11 bloggers (will less than 200 followers) by commenting on one of their posts.
11 Fun Facts About Myself:
1. I moved to Hawaii on a whim, with one suitcase, because “the pictures looked nice.”
2. My best girlfriend is a ripped black man- he’s a spiritual gangster.
3. I was in a rollover car accident and walked away without a scratch.
4. I once had dinner with Urijah Faber, Gray Maynard and Chad Mendes. 😀
5. My spirit has never felt so alive as it did while hiking the Na Pali Coast.
6. I get paid to teach women how to shake their ass.
7. I once found a wallet full of $1900 in hooker cash.
8. I recently went snorkeling with sharks in the Bahamas- it was surprisingly tranquil.
9. I’ve been wanting to bike across the US since I graduated high school and have yet to commit (personal accountability;).
10. I’ve traveled a fair share and have only experienced reverse culture shock.
11. I attempted a solo skydive. This attempt ended at 20mph, in a ditch, on my back.
Answer 11 Questions from the Blog that Nominated you (love number 7):
1. What’s one thing you’ve accomplished from your bucket list?
I’ve stood on the edge of an active volcano and witnessed flowing molten lava.
2. Where do you find your writing inspiration?
Quality books such as, Born to Run, fellow bloggers, Pat Flynn’s podcast, The Smart Passive Income and YouTube videos by Jason Silva.
3. How do you spend your time on weekends?
Saturday is my play day: kayaking, hiking, biking, craft beer, beach, book, cooking.
4. Would you rather travel into the past or future?
1920’s please. Suspenders, speakeasies and the gentleman’s haircut- sign me up!
5. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
The moment you realize you’ve inspired someone.
6. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
Off shoot Inca trail in Peru. Riding in buckets across 100ft ravines. Blind faith.
7. Describe your dream in one word.
8. If you could be transported anywhere instantly, where would it be?
9. What was your proudest moment?
Coming off the Na Pali Coast hike. I’ve never felt stronger.
10. If you had one day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
I often do ;). I generally spend them putting work into building my business.
11. What one piece of advice would you give your 5-year-old self?
Learn Spanish now, don’t wait until your mid 20’s.
My Questions for You:
1. If you could have anyone mentor you, free of charge, who would you choose?
2. If you had a free ticket to anywhere in the world where would you go?
3. Why did you begin blogging?
4. What action step can you take today in order to fulfill you life’s purpose?
5. What are you most fearful of?
6. What are you grateful for today?
7. Do you have a morning ritual, if so, please share :).
8. What does stratospheric success mean to you?
9. What’s your secret health hack?
10. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
11. Self-made or lottery? Why?
My Nominees (I must admit, not all of these bloggers fall within the 200 or less followers stipulation- though most of them do. I simply love their content and want to spread the good word):
1. Mara Glatzel
2. Forever Stoked
3. Erik Conover
4. Steward Coaching
5. Nutrition Stripped
6. Grass Fed Girl
7. The Body Coach
8. Juice Daily
9. The Lemon Bowl
10. Naturally Ella
11. Fit Bottomed Girls
Thanks for participating! I love your fun facts and your answers. You sound like quite the adventurous lady! 🙂 It’s funny that you recommended Born to Run – someone at work mentioned it to me yesterday. Synchronicity! I’m also going to check out the Smart Passive Income podcast.
You have such a great blog, and I really look forward to reading more in the future!