We all know Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary components of a healthy diet, right?
Let’s just say there’s a considerable amount of research suggesting these quality fats may help lower the risk of heart disease, prevent stroke, combat depression and alleviate arthritis.
It just so happens, salmon is one of the richest sources of Omega-3’s, and appropriately enough, it’s also one of the simplest creatures to cook.
Seared Salmon + Asparagus
Serving size: 1 // Cook time: 30 min
- 6oz salmon filet
- 6 spears asparagus
- Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, ghee or grass-fed butter
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Select your filet-— Wild caught seems to be the obvious choice over farm raised fish. However, highly contaminated ocean waters often yield fish with excessive levels of mercury. Currently, there is no U.S. government approved organic seafood, but this guide can help you make an educated decision regarding your seafood selection.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Dress your filet with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle pan (preferably cast iron) with 1 Tbsp oil or butter and bring to high heat.
- Once pan is nice and hot, set salmon in pan (skin side up). Sear until golden brown (4-5 minutes). Beware, the pan may smoke considerably, be sure to turn on the overhead fan to minimize smoke.
- Once salmon is nicely seared, transfer to baking dish (skin side down) and add a bit of water to the dish (in order to keep the salmon from drying out).
- Bake at 475 degrees for 5-7 minutes (depending on size of filet as well as desired temperature- I prefer med-rare). It’s easy to examine the temperature without destroying the integrity of the fish. Gently pry the fish on its fold with a butterknife and have a look.
- While salmon is baking lightly sauté asparagus in 1 Tbsp butter or oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay salmon over asparagus, squeeze with fresh lemon and enjoy!
Honestly, including prep and clean up, this meal took 30 minutes to prepare. Give it a try, you’ll be shocked at just how easy it is to cook fresh fish!
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
Leave a Reply