Something about crepes feels so sophisticated— right? But don’t let their sophistication intimidate you. They’re actually SUPER simple to prepare.
Savory Keto Crepes
Yield: 10 crepes / Serving Size: 1 crepe / Prep time: 2 min / Cook time: 5 min
- 1/2 cup flour*
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 cup organic (or better yet, raw) whole milk
- Grass-fed butter (this goat butter is ridiculously delicious)
- Choice toppings (I’ve selected smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion and fresh thyme)
*I’ve experimented considerably with this recipe, replacing white flour with coconut or almond flour, and the substitution greatly disrupts the integrity of the crepe— it sticks to the pan, and crumbles when rolling. Your choice, but I say at four grams of carbs per serving, you’re better off enjoying one (overly stuffed) traditional crepe than two coconut crumble crepes.
- Beat eggs well.
- Whisk in flour until fairly smooth.
- Add milk and beat until well combined.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp butter (to prevent sticking).
- Once butter has melted, pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet and swirl around pan (creating a thin crepe).
- Once crepe begins to bubble, gently wedge a spatula under crepe and flip.
- Cook another 30 seconds and flip onto plate.
- Fill crepe with desired toppings.
If you’re making multiple crepes, place a piece of parchment paper between each crepe and stack while cooking. If you’d prefer to prepare them fresh, place the excess batter in a glass jar and refrigerate. Crepe batter saves well for 3-5 days.
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
Katie Rodriguez, Certified Keto Coach
Thanks for the share!