This delicious keto cobb salad may be low-carb, but it’s highly satisfying. Plus, this tasty lunch travels well and makes for SUPER easy meal prep!
- 1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (homemade, MCT, or avocado)*
- 1/2 cup organic blue cheese, crumbled*
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 3 slices high-quality bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces high-quality chicken (about 2 tenderloins), diced
- 2 Tablespoons organic blue cheese crumbles
- 1 pasture-raised hard-boiled egg, cut in half
- 1 organic radish, sliced
- 1 small organic heirloom tomato, diced*
- 1/4 English cucumber, sliced*
- 1/2 organic avocado, sliced
- 2 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons blue cheese dressing*
- Place the mayo, lemon juice, and heavy cream in a glass jar and whisk together.
- Add the blue cheese and fresh cracked pepper. Using a fork, stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken tenders in an ungreased baking pan (I prefer glass).
- Generously douse the chicken with Twist’d Q Sweet Mesquite Chicken Rub.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Let the chicken cool before covering and placing leftovers in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay strips of bacon on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Place the bacon in the oven (on the top rack).
- Set a timer accordingly (10-23 minutes depending on the oven and desired crispiness).
- Pull bacon from the oven. Using tongs, place each slice of bacon on a plate and let cool for 2-5 minutes.
- Rinse and chop the romaine. Place the lettuce in a large bowl.
- Add the bacon, egg, chicken, cheese crumbles, radish, tomato, cucumber, and avocado to the bowl.
- Generously top off the salad with blue cheese dressing.
I’ve made this recipe using all three mayo options. I prefer using MCT mayonnaise, but for the most part, the flavor is the same. I’ve also made it with traditional Hellmann’s. Hellmann’s is undeniably delicious, although it’s not clean-keto-approved.
I suggest buying a block of blue cheese and crumbling it yourself. Oftentimes, pre-crumbled or pre-shredded cheeses contain anti-caking agents which can be harmful to your health.
I prefer using chicken tenderloins (because they’re more tender of course), although chicken breasts will work just as well.
You’re welcome to season the chicken however you like. Twist’d Q is my go-to because it’s easy and delicious!
Cherry or grape tomatoes are just as delicious.
I prefer English cucumbers because they’re seedless, though any cucumber will do.
Homemade blue cheese dressing is SO much better than store-bought! Definitely worth the extra work.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1 Big Ass Salad
- Calories: 731
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 52g
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 14
- Protein: 49g
Keywords: how to make, keto salad, meal prep, best, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, weight loss, ketogenic diet