Chaffle– Egg and cheese waffle. Arguably keto’s best invention to date.
Monte Cristo– french toast meets ham and cheese. It checks all the boxes. Sweet yet salty. Breakfast yet dinner. What’s more, this rendition is 100% keto-approved. Sign me up!
Keto Chaffle Monte Cristo
Yield: 1 Sandwich
Carbs: 9g (2g net)
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/2 cup organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- Dash cinnamon
- 2 slices uncured smoked ham
- 1 slice organic baby swiss or gruyère cheese
- 1 tsp grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp Swerve confectioners
- 1 Tbsp Lankanto Maple Syrup
- 2 slices nitrate-free bacon
- Bring waffle maker* to appropriate heat.
- Beat egg.
- Add cheddar and beat until roughly combined.
- Add almond flour and cinnamon and beat again.
- Place a dab of butter in waffle maker and heat (to ensure the waffle doesn’t stick)
- Place half of mix in waffle maker and cook 3 minutes (without lifting lid).
- Set cooked waffle aside and pour remaining batter in waffle maker. Cook 3 minutes (without lifting lid).
*I would recommend using a Dash waffle maker. It’s $10 at Target, non-stick and perfect for individual waffle portions.
- Cook bacon as desired.
- Spread butter on both waffle halves.
- Melt swiss cheese in microwave until gooey.
- Place ham on waffle half. Add melted cheese and top with bacon.
- Top with other waffle half.
- Sprinkle sandwich with powdered sugar and top with maple syrup.
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
Leave a Reply