I grew up in Michigan, which meant pancakes were a Sunday staple. Blueberry, buttermilk, buckwheat— didn’t matter— loved em’ all. Then along came keto. Keto put the kibosh on breakfast brunch.
So you can imagine my delight when keto began trending. Suddenly there were heaps of “keto-friendly” recipes appearing on Pinterest. But I gotta tell you, I must have tried ten different flat, flavorless pancake recipes before hitting the jackpot.
These buttermilk pancakes are as good as the real deal— they’re fluffy and full of flavor! Pair them with Lakanto Maple Syrup or homemade keto strawberry sauce and beast out on brunch.
Keto Buttermilk Pancakes
Yield: 4 pancakes / Serving size: 2 pancakes / Prep time: 5 min / Cook time: 10 min
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp Swerve granular*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup organic buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp organic sour cream
- 1 organic egg
- 2 Tbsp organic butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*Or choice keto-approved sweetener.
- Preheat griddle on low-med heat.
- In a large bowl, combine: flour, Swerve, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
- In a separate bowl, combine: 1 Tbsp melted butter, sour cream, egg and buttermilk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until well combined (don’t over-mix).
- Place 1 Tbsp butter in griddle and allow to melt. Ladle 1/4 cup batter into griddle.
- Slow cook each side until nicely browned (5-7 min).
Homemade Strawberry Sauce
Yield: 1/4 cup / Serving size: 1 Tbsp / Prep time: 5 min / Cook time: 5 min
- 1 cup fresh, organic strawberries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Swerve granular*
- 1/2 lemon squeeze
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash vanilla extract
*Option to add more Swerve sweetener depending on your palate. I prefer the natural sweetness of the strawberries over the Swerve.
- Wash and slice strawberries.
- Place strawberries in sauce pan with Swerve, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil and gently whisk ingredients together.
- Slowly stir in xanthan gum (1/8 tsp at a time) whisking to combine after each add.
- Once the full teaspoon of xanthan gum has been added, the mixture will be slightly viscous.
- Remove from heat and let cool.*
*Sauce will naturally thicken as it cools.
Brand New to Keto?
If you’re brand new to keto and not sure where to begin I encourage you to check out my FREE Keto Kickstart Masterclass!
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!