Fresh blueberries with cinnamon-streusel topping, finished off with vanilla bean ice cream. AND it’s keto? Unbelievable!
- 2 3/4 cup almond flour*
- 1 cup plus 6 Tablespoons erythritol granular sweetener*
- 3 Tablespoons erythritol brown sweetener*
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 Tablespoon unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 large organic egg, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups fresh blueberries (1 pound 10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Rebel Vanilla Ice Cream* (optional)
Almond Flour Crust
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups almond flour, 3 Tbsp erythritol granular, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp xanthan gum. Stir well to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup melted butter and beaten egg. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Shape the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place the chilled dough between two sheets of parchment and roll into a thin sheet of dough (large enough to cover a pie pan).
- Pull the top sheet off and use the bottom sheet as support to invert it into a pie pan. Seal off any cracks with your fingers and gently remove excess from edges.*
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse blueberries and place them in a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup erythritol granular and 1 Tbsp xanthan gum and gently stir together.
- Pour in lemon juice and zest and stir until all berries are well coated.
- Place the blueberry mixture in the pie crust (or 9×13 pan).
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- In a large bowl combine 3/4 cup almond flour, cinnamon, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 3 Tbsp erythritol granular, and 3 Tbsp erythritol brown. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add 5 Tbsp melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Crumble over top of blueberry mixture.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Rebel Vanilla Ice Cream, or choice keto-friendly brand.
Fresh out of the oven this pie looks beautiful. However, once you slice into it, you’ll quickly realize this is much more of a crumble than it is a pie. Which explains why the serving size is coming to you in 1/2 cup portions. Don’t worry, it doesn’t take away from the flavor. Just serve it up in bowls with a spoon and you’re good to go!
*Option to use coconut flour, but the crust won’t be as flaky and the topping won’t be as crispy.
*I prefer the brand Swerve.
*Again, I prefer the brand Swerve.
*Or another keto-friendly ice cream.
*This is not a smooth operation. Meaning, your pie crust is going to fall apart before it hits the pie pan (or dish). Don’t worry, simply patch it back together with your fingers. No one will ever know it’s a sloppy mess underneath all those blueberries.
- Prep Time: 1 Hour
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g