With cold and flu season in full effect it’s prime time to beef up your immune system. Get it, “beef up?” Lol. Sorry bout the bad dad joke. Seriously though, bone broth has some crazy health benefits! The following is a list of the top 6 health benefits associated with bone broth.
With bone broth trending, you’ll have no problem getting your hands on some high-quality broth from your local grocery store. However, if you’re looking for optimal flavor and nutrient content, you can’t beat homemade. This recipe comes courtesy of Maria Emmerich, from her latest cookbook, Keto Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Bone Broth
Yield: 4 quarts / Serving size: 1 cup / Prep time: 12 min / Cook time: 30 min
- 3 1/2 pounds beef, chicken, ham or fish bones
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs of choice, or 1 tsp dried herbs (I’ve chosen fresh thyme)
- Place the bones, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaves, salt and vinegar inside Instant Pot.
- Add enough cold filtered water to cover everything. Add herbs.
- Seal the lid. Press Pressure Cook or Manual, choose low pressure, and set timer for 30 minutes. Cooking on low pressure allows more gelatin and minerals to be extracted from the bones. Once finished, let the pressure release naturally.
- Pour the broth through a strainer and discard the solids.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to a month. To reheat, place in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 5 minutes).
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Katie Rodriguez nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.
Leave a Reply