Perhaps you’re thinking— what a pain! So it’s a little time consuming to soak the almonds and squeeze that stupid nut bag— but I’m telling you— it’s SO worth it!
Homemade Almond Mylk
Yield: 5 cups / Serving Size: 1 cup / Prep time: 5 min
Carbs: 10g (3g without dates)*
Sugar: 6g (0g without dates)
*This recipe is a little high in carbs (and sugar) due to the dates. You can choose to omit them, or reserve this recipe for a carb re-feed day. 🙂
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked overnight and strained)
- 2 medjool dates, pitted (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (avoid imitation, it’s garbage)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 3 cups filtered water
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour contents into a nutbag.
- Squeeze the shit out of it. 🙂
- Discard almond pulp.
- Enjoy my friends!
Once you’ve mastered almond milk (one-shot should do it) you can begin experimenting with variations. Check out Turmeric Almond Mylk + Aloha Almond Mylk for inspiration!
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
Leave a Reply