I’ve been dipping my feet in the weight-lifting world. And I gotta say, as much as I despised the thought of pushing weights amidst the sleezy, fried-chicken lookin’, selfie-taking sausage-freaks, I’m fallin’ for this liftin’ all the things lifestyle. Only problem is— the more I lift— the more I crave carbs!
For a minute there, I just caved. Yup! I’ve eaten more pints of Ben and Jerry’s this year than I’d ever care to admit. Mah bad.
Recently (must be that #newyearnewme), I’ve decided to pull it together and give cyclical keto a serious go. This golden beet and kale salad is so simple, yet SO delicious. It is by far one of my favorite winter salads. So you can imagine my sheer delight when it returned for an encore.
Golden Beet + Kale Salad
Yield: 1 giant salad / Prep time: 40 min
*Not a mis-type. Beets are super high in sugar. Cut the beet in half if you’re concerned with sugar content.
- 1 beet: red, golden, chioggia or mixed*
- 2 handfuls raw curly kale (massaged)
- 1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed organic feta cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
*You’re welcome to buy store-bought beets and save yourself the time. However, plan on compromising the flavor as well.
- Place beet in deep saucepan and cover with water (3-4″ over beet).
- Boil beet over high heat until soft (20-40 minutes depending on size).
- When soft (should be the same consistency as a boiled potato— test with a fork), transfer beet to an ice bath.
- Once cool enough to handle, gently peel off skin. If beet is adequately cooked, the skin will peel with ease.
Boiled beets save 4-6 days. I generally cook 2 or 3 at a time and store the remainder in a mason jar for future munching.
- Wash and massage kale. Toss in large mixing bowl.
- Add beet and walnuts.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Toss ingredients together.
- Top with feta.
- Season to taste.
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
Leave a Reply