These are so ridiculously good it’s hard to believe they’re keto-approved. At 4 grams of carbs per serving, you’re gonna thank your lucky stars you stumbled upon this recipe. But hey, I can’t exactly take credit for this one. This recipe comes courtesy of www.RealBalanced.com. I’m sure you could prepare this recipe using an air fryer— and they’d be even crispier— but the oven works just as well.
FIRE 🔥 Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Yield: 8 Tenders / Serving size: 2 Tenders
- 8 pieces boneless, skinless, organic chicken tenders
- 2 1/2 cups Epic pork rinds, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup New Primal Buffalo Sauce (divided)
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted organic butter
- Celery sticks (optional)
- Homemade blue cheese dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and place baking rack atop a foil-lined baking sheet. Generously baste rack with a bit of melted butter (to prevent sticking).*
- Using paper towels, pat chicken tenders dry. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine crushed pork rinds, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Whisk together until fully incorporated.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp (15mL) hot sauce, mayonnaise, and eggs. One at a time, dip chicken tender into the egg mixture, then dredge chicken into dry ingredient mixture. Flip chicken tender multiple times in dry mix until fully breaded.
- Transfer breaded chicken to the prepared baking rack.
- Bake chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 15 minutes (depending on the size of the tender).
- Place butter in large pan and bring to medium heat. Once melted, add remaining hot sauce and stir until well incorporated.
- Add baked chicken tenders to butter sauce and toss until well coated.
- Serve with homemade blue cheese and celery sticks.
*Option to cook in air fryer at 400°F for 12 minutes.
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
Leave a Reply