Guilt-free Girl Scout Cookies!
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Classic (or other keto-approved sweetener)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp organic butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine: almond flour, cacao, sweetener, baking powder and salt. Once fully combined, add egg, butter and vanilla. Stir well to incorporate until dough begins to form.
- Roll dough between two sheets of parchment paper (roughly 1/4 inch thick). Lift top piece of parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a 2-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut out circles (or desired shapes). Lift circles with a spatula and place on parchment-lined baking pan. Gather scraps of dough and repeat until all the dough has been formed into cookies.
- Bake cookies until firm, 20-30 minutes (depending on how thinly you rolled the dough). Remove from heat and let cool, 10-15 minutes. The cookies will crisp as they cool.
- Fill a saucepan with 2-3 inches of water and bring to a gentle simmer. Place a glass or metal bowl over saucepan (be sure the water is not touching the bowl). Melt the chocolate and cacao butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
- One-by-one, place a crisp wafer in chocolate and flip (covering both sides). Remove with slotted spoon. Allow excess chocolate to fall off before sliding onto baking sheet (freshly lined with parchment paper).
- Refrigerate until fully set, 10+ minutes.*
Option to use butter or coconut oil instead of cacao butter. Though keep in mind, cacao butter offers the best consistency.
Most Thin Mint freaks know they taste best straight out the freezer, these are no exception.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 2 Cookies
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: Girl Scout, Homemade, Thin Mints, Gluten-free, Low-carb