This mug cake is the perfect keto dessert! It’s low carb, takes two minutes to prepare, and is wildly satiating. Even better, you may already have all the ingredients in your cupboard to make this happen right now.
- Place the butter and peanut butter into two separate bowls. Microwave on high until melted (60-90 seconds).
- Once melted, pour a drizzle of butter into the mug and set it aside.
- Place the almond flour, sweetener, egg, baking powder, butter, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until well-combined.
- Pour the mix into the greased mug.
- Microwave the mug on high heat until the cake is light and fluffy (approximately 45-60 seconds)*
- Drizzle the peanut butter over the cake.
- Top with whipped cream.*
Dairy-free option: swap butter with coconut oil.
I like using finely ground blanched almond flour because it makes a light and fluffy cake. However, unblanched almond flour works as well. In which case, the cake will be a bit denser.
I generally use Swerve granular when making this recipe, though granulated monk fruit works just as well.
Homemade is healthier and tastes better. Admittedly I’ve been using spray. Mom life. 🤷♀️
Everyone’s microwave is different. Overcooking this cake will dry it out. Better to check it at 45 seconds and add more time if need be. Mine turns out perfect at 60 seconds.
Dairy-free option: swap whipped cream with coconut cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: The Whole Cake!
- Calories: 499
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: Easy, Microwave, Recipes, Keto, Desserts, Healthy, Low carb, Peanut butter, Dairy free