These little gems were inspired by Carolyn Ketchum. I’ve tweaked them slightly by reducing the sweetener and adding Himalayan sea salt in order to satisfy both sweet and salty cravings simultaneously. You’re welcome! 😉
Tools You’ll Need to Make These Fat Bombs
1. Food Processor or Blender
A food processor works best, however, a blender will certainly get the job done. My food processor is a 70’s-style thrift store purchase ($10 bucks baby) and it works wonderfully! Alternatively, I’ve tried this recipe in my Nutri Ninja and that worked as well.
2. Double Boiler or Heatproof Bowl
A double boiler will make the whole chocolate melting process super easy, but it’s by no means necessary. Honestly, I used a Pyrex glass bowl over a stainless steel pot and that worked just fine.
3. Silicone Baking Cups or Mini Cupcake Liners
I prefer using silicone baking cups because they’re easy to work with and reusable. However, disposable cupcake liners will work just as well.
How to Make Chocolate Macadamia Fat Bombs
Good news guys, not only are these bombs delicious and nutritious, they’re pretty damn easy to make. First, you’ll need to throw the macadamia nuts in a food processor and blend until they resemble coarse crumb consistency.
Next, add in the macadamia nut or MCT oil and blend again, until the mixture turns buttery. Scoop the macadamia mixture into a double boiler or heatproof bowl. Add Lily’s chocolate and coconut oil. Stir until melted smooth.
Finally, it’s time to whisk in the sweetener, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Once the mixture is coarsely combined, divide evenly within silicone cups (or mini cupcake liners), filling each about one-third of the way full. Gently press a macadamia nut half into the top of each cup and place tray in freezer until bombs are firm (about 10 minutes).
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.Print
Chocolate Macadamia Fat Bombs
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 Bombs 1x
Sweet and salty, oh my!
- 3/4 cup roasted, unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2 tsp macadamia nut or MCT oil*
- 1 ounce Lily’s 55% Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp fine Himalayan sea salt or flakes*
- Set aside 10 macadamia nut halves for garnish.
- Grind the remaining nuts in a food processor or blender until they resemble coarse crumbs. Add the MCT oil and continue to process until the mixture becomes a smooth butter.
- In a heatproof bowl (or double-boiler) set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the macadamia nut butter, Lily’s chocolate and coconut oil. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the sweetener, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt. Divide the mixture evenly within silicone cups (or mini cupcake liners), filling each about one-third of the way full. Gently press a macadamia nut half into the top of each cup and place tray in freezer until bombs are firm (about 10 minutes).
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks— though it’s doubtful they’ll make it that long. ☺️
I prefer MCT oil because of the additional health benefits.
I generally use salt flakes because I enjoy the experience of chocolate with crystalized sea salt.
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Cook Time: 5 Min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1 Bomb
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: ketogenic, easy, low carb, chocolate, dairy free, keto, recipes, simple, healthy, quick, no bake, what are, paleo, vegan
Brand New to Keto?
If you’re brand new to keto and not sure where to begin I encourage you to check out my FREE Keto Kickstart Masterclass!
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Katie Rodriguez nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.
Leave a Reply