Smother this compound butter over a Wagyu strip steak or Berkshire pork chops and prepare to have your mind blown!
- 8oz grass-fed butter (unsalted and softened)
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup organic blue cheese crumbles
- 4 strips high-quality bacon, finely chopped
- Lard from bacon
- 1oz bourbon
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Leave the butter sitting out for 3-6 hours in order to soften it.*
- After the butter is soft and stir-able, unwrap it from the package and place it in a glass bowl. Now it’s time to get the bacon going.
- Cook the bacon until nice and crispy (and be sure to save the grease)!
- While the bacon is cooking, finely chop the scallions and shallot. Place the chopped veggies over the butter.
- Once the bacon has cooled, finely dice and add to butter mixture. Pour the remaining bacon grease from the pan into the butter mixture and mix together.
- Add your bourbon and blue cheese to the butter mixture and whisk until well-combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*Be patient. Melting the butter in a pan or microwave will alter its texture.
This compound butter will save for approximately 3-5 days in an airtight container. When frozen, most compound butter should keep for up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
Keywords: Easy, Blue Cheese, For Chicken, How to Make, Keto, For Fish, Herb