These buffalo cauliflower bites are a HUGE party hit! They’re super crispy and perfectly tangy with just the right amount of heat. Plus, with only 5 grams of net carbs, this recipe is 100% keto baby!
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 2.5oz bag of pork rinds*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil mayo, or homemade
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 Tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 3/4 cup (plus 1 Tbsp) The New Primal Buffalo Sauce
- Avocado oil (or coconut oil) spray for greasing
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing for dipping
- Chives (optional garnish)
- Place the pork rinds in a food processor* and pulse until fine and crumbly (will resemble panko bread crumbs).
- Add thyme, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cracked pepper, and baking powder to pork rinds and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add mayo and one Tablespoon buffalo sauce.
- Mix together until fully incorporated and set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into sizeable florets.
- One-by-one, place the cauliflower in the coating mixture and cover all sides evenly with a spoon.
- Pull cauliflower out of the coating and allow excess to drain off. Place coated cauliflower in one of the breading bowls.
- With a dry hand, pull breading from the other bowl and cover all sides of the cauliflower with breading.
- Spray air fryer basket with avocado oil and gently place breaded cauliflower in the basket.*
- Cook at 400° for 20 minutes.*
- While cauliflower is cooking, prepare buffalo sauce and Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Once cauliflower has finished cooking, toss florets in 2 Tablespoons of buffalo sauce.*
- Bring a small saucepan to medium heat. Add butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add The New Primal Buffalo sauce.
- Stir together until well combined.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
*Option to swap pork rinds with almond flour and parmesan cheese mixture. Mix 3/4 cup almond flour with 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese. Voila!
*If you don’t own a food processor, you can always mash them with a rolling pin.
*Be careful not to overcrowd basket. For instance, don’t stack the cauliflower. This will cause an uneven cook and will likely result in soggy buffalo bites.
*Option to bake in the oven at 425° for 20 minutes.
*I prefer to mix the buffalo sauce with the blue cheese dressing and dip the bites rather than toss them. This allows the cauliflower to stay crispier longer.
- Serving Size: 1/4 Head Cauliflower
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g