These buffalo cauliflower bites are a HUGE party hit! They’re super crispy and perfectly tangy with just the right amount of heat. Plus, with only 5 grams of net carbs, this recipe is 100% keto baby!
Something about summertime (and pregnancy) has me craving buffalo EVERYTHING! However, with my palate still iffy about meat, cauliflower serves as a solid alternative. The only problem is, I’m not trying to hunt down buffalo cauliflower bites every time my cravings roar. So I decided to experiment with them at home.
I dare you to challenge this air fried buffalo cauliflower against your favorite restaurants take. Not only will this recipe crush the competition, at 5g net carbs— you won’t have to worry about killing your carb count.
Can You substitute the Pork Rinds?
For some, the idea of breading anything in crushed pork skin is absolutely revolting. Although, unless you’re a vegetarian/vegan I’d encourage you to give it a try. Pork rinds make the BEST breading! They seal in the moisture while providing a perfectly crispy exterior.
If pork rind breading just ain’t gonna happen— you do have the option to swap the pork rinds for almond flour and parmesan cheese. I can’t promise it will be as crispy as the pork rinds, but it will get the job done. Look for the measurement suggestions within the notes section on the recipe card below.
Can You Bake them in the Oven Instead?
Sure, you can bake these little babies in the oven. I’ve tried it— it works. However, the texture is just not quite the same. The cauliflower itself will be a bit softer and the exterior a little less crispy. If cooking in the oven, bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
Tips to making the BEST Buffalo Cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower florets in good size bites. If you cut the pieces too small they’ll be hard to work with and more likely to get mushy.
- When breading the cauliflower I’d recommend using a spoon for the egg mixture and your other hand for the breading. If you’re using the same hand to dip and bread the cauliflower the breading will begin to clump (and once it clumps, it’s rather ineffective).
- Don’t forget to spray your air fryer basket with avocado oil before placing the cauliflower inside. This will prevent the cauliflower bites from sticking to your air fryer.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Yes, it’s annoying to do multiple rounds of frying, but layering your cauliflower will impact the texture and I want you to have the crispiest cauliflower bites possible.
- Make the Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing! It’s SO worth it!
- Consider dipping the bites in buffalo sauce rather than tossing them. The minute you toss the bites you’ve got about a 5-minute window before they turn soft and soggy. I prefer to mix the buffalo sauce with the blue cheese dressing and dip the bites one-by-one. This ensures each bite is nice and crispy.
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.Print
Brand new to Keto?
If you’re brand new to keto and not sure where to begin I encourage you to check out my FREE Keto Kickstart Masterclass!
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Katie Rodriguez nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.